Tuesday 18 August 2009

Saying farewell

Thursday was time to say goodbye for a bit to my colleagues at Work Communications. In the end I couldn't say much about how great it's been working with them and how much I'm going to miss them as I got a bit overcome with emotion! They gave me a wonderful card (do I detect the hand of Danny Lovell in the amazing design?!) I couldn't read it till I got to the airport and sure enough the tears welled up at all the lovely comments so everyone else in the lounge was giving me some funny looks! They also gave me a beautiful bracelet which I shall treasure.
I enjoyed reading Hello and OK magazine on the plane - a new experience for me and a very thoughtful addition to the leaving present.
The business class flight which I had been looking forward to was deeply disappointing as apparently, Etihad only stock up in Abu Dhabi and the flight to Manchester had drunk all the business class champagne and fine wine so all they could offer was a yucky chardonnay - still better for the next morning. The beds were comfy though and the food was nice.
John was waiting to meet me and it was lovely to be reunited and know that there aren't too many heart wrenching airport hellos and goodbyes to come for a bit. It was our four month wedding anniversary so we had a double celebration and went to dinner at the Italian restaurant at the Emirates Palace which was lovely. John has a theory about the Emirates Palace that when the architect had drawn up the plans they then doubled the size of everything to make it even better. It's certainly huge and on a grand scale! The Sheraton, which I have booked for us until next Sunday to give me a bit of time to get the apartment ready is very nice though I've been too busy to enjoy the pool or the beach but we have had some nice meals. Hopefully I'll be able to get everything ready in time but it's going to be quite a rush.

1 comment: